Confess My Sins & Change!
Last Week: I must realize that Iâ€™m not God and admit I am powerless to change my sinful nature, but through the power of Jesus Christ, I can be transformed and overcome!
*I may have a controlling hurt, habit or hang-up â€“ Has my life become unmanageable?
1. R.ealize Iâ€™m not God and admit Iâ€™m powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing (change my sinful nature). (Romans 7:22-24)
2. E.arnestly believe that God exists; that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover - through Jesus Christ! (Romans 7:25)
3. C.onsciously choose to commit all of my life and will to Christâ€™s care and control. (Romans 8:12-15)
Main Point: I must examine myself, and confess my sins to God, and another trusted person and change if I want healing and recovery.
4. O.penly examine and confess my sins & faults to myself, God, and someone I trust. (verse 16)
Matthew 5:8 Happy are the pure in heartâ€¦
5. V.oluntarily submit to any & all changes God wants to make in my life, and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
Matthew 5:6 Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.
6. E.valuate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me, and make amends for harm Iâ€™ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others.
Matthew 5:57 Happy are the Merciful!