Reserve Time With God!
Recovery Series #4
Main Point: (Romans 7:22-25) - I must realize that Iâ€™m not God and admit I am powerless to change my sinful nature (my tendency to do the wrong thing), but through the power of Jesus Christ, I can be transformed and overcome!
1. R.ealize Iâ€™m not God and admit Iâ€™m powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing (change my sinful nature).(Romans 7:22-24)
*I may have a controlling hurt, habit or hang-up â€“ Has my life become unmanageable?
2. E.arnestly believe that God exists; that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover/overcome - through Jesus Christ! (Romans 7:25)
3. C.onsciously choose to commit all of my life and will to Christâ€™s care and control.
4. O.penly examine and confess my sins & faults to myself, God, and someone I trust.
(James 5: 16)
5. V.oluntarily submit to any & all changes God wants to make in my life, and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
6. E.valuate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me, and make amends for harm Iâ€™ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others.
(I Thess. 5:11; Matthew 6:14-15, 5:23)
7. R.eserve time with God for self-examination, Bible reading and prayer, inorder to know God and His will for my life, and to gain the power to follow His will.
The effect of the Word â€“